Yager 65 FAA?
I heard about that in September, but the qualification was not confirmed by Amway yet. Were they recognized at FEC in the US or where did you get that info?--SP75 20:15, 16 October 2011 (EEST)
- The picture tells the story - http://www.amwaytalk.com/Thread-FAA-65-Yager-Family
- --IBOFightback 00:55, 17 October 2011 (EEST)
Large lot of Amway memorabilia and history materials available. Seller was a long-time Amway employee and has materials going back to 1972. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bks/2098105996.html RMH
Hi, sorry, I was used to the doing things in the QuixtarWiki form, I'll keep it in mind for further adds.
The only info I have on Karl and Ruby Meyer is what was on QuixtarWiki. If the info is invalid, let's set the record straight.
Thanks for cleaning up the Bell/Covington/Miller/Britt "stuff". I'm not real good at placing Hyper links and footnotes etc...
- no problem --IBOFightback 15:47, 30 January 2008 (CST)
Hi, each time I try to upload the image to amwaywiki, I need to do it twice. The first attempt always ends up with a non-readable picture. Can you fix it?--SP75 11:38, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Any error message at all? --IBOFightback 14:05, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- No, I get no error messages. I just can't see the picture I have uploaded. After uploading the same picture for the second time, everything is OK. I will now upload a test picture and will not reload it, so that you can see.
Is some problem when I upload images scaned from Yager's Profiles of success? In past time I upload some.--Dusyk 08:32, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- no problem that I know of. Have old ones disappeared, or can't you upload new ones? --IBOFightback 18:06, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- OK this is profiles from 1987 printed 1998 --Dusyk 18:55, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry bad translation. Severe sentence for me. :-) I want to scan pictures of Diamonds. Now I have bigger profiles of succes. I don't know, whether it is considered copyright infringement. If you don't have problem with this, I can scan here about 50 pictures of diamond and more.
- Well, it is a copyright violation, however I think we have the tacit approval of most amway supporters to make this site as good as possible. I will of course remove anything if asked, but in the meantime, go ahead. --IBOFightback 20:39, 16 August 2009 (UTC)
Manual of Style
Hi there. I've only recently discovered this project, but I foresee it stealing a lot of hours in the future... I'm both an IBO and a devout Wikipedian - the latter forming the basis for my question: Does this project have a Manual of Style similar to the one Wikipedia uses? And if so, where do I find it? I'd like to be well informed before I'm too many edits down the line :-)
Otherwise, thank you for creating this project - I share your belief that it's sorely needed! --Medic 23:14, 7 May 2009 (UTC)
I've noticed that although there are plenty of categories, there seems to be very few sub-categories. Is this a consciuos choice, or simply another item on the to-do list? An example: Amway Denmark has both the cat Markets and the cat Denmark. IMHO Denmark could easily be a sub-category to Markets, thus facilitating page searches in the future? If this is a task to be undertaken I'll happily volunteer :-) --Medic 13:00, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- go for it! --IBOFightback 14:47, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi there. I've noticed that SP75 is quite vigilant in deleting spammers on the site - excellent! However, rather than me replacing the text in an article with "MARKED FOR DELETION" I wonder if there's a template I could use instead, like I'm used to from Wikipedia? If there isn't... is that a conscious choice, or simply another item on the to-do list? Cheers, Medic 06:21, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
How to load pdf magazine amagram (all or lacking for 2005-2009)? I from Russia also do not know English (use online translator)--Wws53 09:42, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- In the left site of page is 4th panel with icon Upload file: http://www.amwaywiki.com/Special:Upload --Dusyk 16:52, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
test editiing after server move --IBOFightback 15:39, 2 December 2009 (UTC)
Hi there! Can you tell me what happened to this article? Has it been deleted, or what? This is one of the most significant Amway couples and I think they deserve to have an article. I KNOW there was an article about them (I edited it myself last year), but it's disappeared. What happened? Davidcannon 00:21, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- I may be wrong, but isn't the problem the "ü" letter in their name?--SP75 00:47, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, something screwed it up during one of the upgrades. I note I'm also not getting a toolbar on edits now. Is that happening with anyone else? --IBOFightback
New book about Amway
Hi, I wanted to let readers know about a new book about Amway that's just been published by John Wiley & Sons. It's called Amway Forever: The Amazing Story of a Global Business Phenomenon by Kathryn A. Jones (me). It's a balanced, journalistic look at a company that has changed direct selling forever, creating innovations and controversy on its way to the top. I hope you'll read it, post a comment and let me know what you think about it. Amway, unfortunately, would not cooperate although it initially told Wiley it would. Also, check out the website, www.amwayforever.com. The book can be ordered from Amazon.com, Barnes&Noble. com, Walmart.com and dozens of online sites, as well as in bookstores. Hopefully, it will have some valuable information and put in perspective Amway's evolution. Thanks!
When a higher level qualifies on that particular market (a diamond, for instance) non-Diamonds can be removed. The greatest pin on a market reflects the amount of leadership on that market, so it is relevant.--Gherghel 15:24, 2 October 2012 (EEST)
- So when a new market opens we stock it full of 21%ers and then progressively keep deleting them? No, we stick with Diamonds and above, also keeps Amway happy as a guideline. Norway has a bunch of Emeralds and Rubies by the way. --IBOFightback 15:37, 2 October 2012 (EEST)
- and best to keep conversations on the one talk page! I'm looking at trying to implement some of wikipedia's technology for notifications. --IBOFightback 15:37, 2 October 2012 (EEST)
The new field to the person infobox - joined= do not work !! It is invisible. --Gherghel 06:37, 3 October 2012 (EEST)
- yeah, having trouble with that too. Did get it working on one profile, but not another. Just keep putting the data in there and it will show up when I work out the problem! --IBOFightback 14:02, 3 October 2012 (EEST)
"Unless notable for another reason, only Emeralds and above should have their own articles or otherwise listed"
- The fact there's no Diamonds does not make Emeraldships "notable". Notable is businesses like Walter Bass. --IBOFightback 13:23, 24 October 2012 (EEST)
How can we delete the page?
I wanna delete some pages I accidentally built, how can i do that?
- Click on the down arrow next to "view history", their should be a delete option. --IBOFightback (talk) 18:58, 15 April 2013 (IST)
How can i update the title of the page.
Email send is broken
Contributors are not able to get emails, or get their password if they forget as the system is giving an error:
Mailer returned: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()
This error is for anything that sends email from this platform
- checking! Thanks for the headsup. --IBOFightback (talk) 14:47, 15 November 2014 (FET)